Looking for your next great challenge? Are you passionate about unmanned systems and ambitious about
innovative aviation projects?
We are looking for a new Flight Test Engineer whose role it is to ensure that the operating crew are made aware of any specific flight profiles that are to be flown, on ground and in air testing required outside of Standard Operating Procedures and to gather test performance information during and post flight.
- University degree in Aerospace Engineering or in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of flight test techniques and methods
- Experience with RPAS flight testing desirable
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- Good communicator and team player with hand-on attitude
- Support the development team in defining test scenarios for the verification and validation flight test phase for products and prototypes
- Daily tasks include test plan and test card generation, real-time data monitoring during ground and flight tests, directing tests, data analysis and documentation, test readiness review preparation and on-aircraft troubleshooting
- Work closely with avionics, propulsion, structural, software, and flight controls engineers to develop and support flight testing for VTOL platform
- Work as a team member to assemble and set up equipment for Flight Operations and customer demonstrations
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct all development flight testing requirements, with regards to specific flight profiles
- Record ground test and flight test performance data and display information in clear and concise reports
- Be fully conversant and knowledgeable with all Rotorcraft systems, limitations and safety procedures outlined in Rotorcraft Flight Manual
- Be responsible and accountable for the safe and correct conduct of all Ground and Air related rotorcraft testing within the responsibility of the Flight Test Engineer position
- Provide assistance to the Remote Pilot during pre-flight, in-flight, handover and pre-landing checklist activities
- Monitoring of critical rotorcraft systems
- The opportunity of being a part of a fast-growing company, operating in a global market
- An innovative high tech product in the fast emerging industry of unmanned technologies
- Close working relationships with other departments from a variety of disciplines
- A workplace with an open-minded atmosphere, where enthusiastic, hands-on experts tackle challenges in a positive spirit
- A flexible working day with opportunities to influence
- An international environment with many different cultures
Immediately with regard to notice period.
Due to holidays, we might contact all relevant candidates with bit of a delay!
Interested? Please send us your CV at work[at]umsskeldar.aero. We are looking forward hearing from you soon.