Looking for your next great challenge? Are you passionate about unmanned systems and ambitious about
innovative aviation projects?
Join our growing company during an exciting journey where we accelerate our development and production of first class Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS). The development department at UMS Skeldar is a cross site department with several engineering teams both in Möhlin, Switzerland and Linköping, Sweden. The engineering skills spans from system and software design to hardware design, including aerostructures, electronics and installation.
In the position as Head of Development for our Möhlin office you will be leading a highly motivated team of engineers. You will also act as deputy to the Head of Development for the UMS Skeldar group, leading the development department for the whole company by setting future strategies, developing the business and processes and enabling our way of working as one united development department regardless of site.
As we’re facing new great challenges in our future business and product portfolio, we’re now looking to strengthen our team with an inspiring and openminded team player to manage our team of engineers.
- Master´s degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge gained through working experience
- Proven experience in leadership and high emotional intelligence with the ability to guide and lead and to build credibility and trust.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing design and development work in a high-tech company
- Experience in production of design data for small production series
- Developed and demonstrable management and communication skills, such as setting strategies, building networks and relations
- Experience in development of safety critical systems, within aerospace industry is desired
- Business fluent in English
- Support the development team in defining test scenarios for the verification and validation flight test phase for products and prototypes
- Daily tasks include test plan and test card generation, real-time data monitoring during ground and flight tests, directing tests, data analysis and documentation, test readiness review preparation and on-aircraft troubleshooting
- Work closely with avionics, propulsion, structural, software, and flight controls engineers to develop and support flight testing for VTOL platform
- Work as a team member to assemble and set up equipment for Flight Operations and customer demonstrations
- Lead and mentor our growing team of team managers and engineers
- Actively work with information sharing, encouragement and feedback to promote involvement and motivation
- Develop and maintain a close and productive cooperation with other departments such as procurement, production, flight operations and aftermarket support
- Ensure our short and long-term capabilities within design by working with competence development and recruitment
- Implement product strategies in collaboration with product management and sales/marketing department
- Develop and implement design and working processes to continuously improve our design data quality and performance
- Establish and execute strategies for improvement and growth
- Contribute to the annual budget process
- A once in a lifetime opportunity of being a part of a fast-growing company, operating in a global market
- An innovative high tech product in the fast emerging industry of unmanned technologies
- Close working relationships with other departments from a variety of disciplines
- A workplace with an open-minded atmosphere, where enthusiastic, hands-on experts tackle challenges in a positive spirit.
- A flexible working day with opportunities to influence
- An international environment with many different cultures
Immediately with regard to notice period.
Due to holidays, we might contact all relevant candidates with bit of a delay!